The Landmark College Athletic, Fitness, and Recreation Department enhances students’ academic experience though involvement in sports and fitness activities. Landmark College’s athletic, intramural, recreation, and outdoor programs provide opportunities for participation through a wide array of offerings, leading to a holistic and engaging experience that enriches the lives of all members of our community.
Our emphasis is on safe, respectful, and fair competition as well as a commitment to supporting diversity and gender equality. We value the lessons that come through participation in our programs: teamwork and a commitment to others, leadership and the development of integrity, honesty and ethical behavior, academic success, sportsmanship (including winning with humility and losing with grace), and the development of healthy habits to last a lifetime.
In addition to our Athletics, Fitness, and Recreation programming, Landmark College also offers Physical Education courses.
Values and Guiding Principles
- To provide vibrant and diverse Athletic, Fitness, and Recreation opportunities to all students.
- To develop and follow best practices that support student athletes and coaches.
- To create an environment where every student has the opportunity to participate in Athletics, Fitness, and Recreation if they choose to.
- For all students to feel a sense of comfort and safety when accessing our Athletic, Fitness, and Recreation facilities and programs.
- That Landmark College student athletes will be exemplary community members excelling in academics, athletics, and as members of the Landmark community
Our Click Family Sports Center houses our basketball court; lines for tennis, badminton and volleyball; and a climbing wall.
Landmark College has three fitness rooms:
- The Click Center offers a fitness room with stationary bikes, a treadmill, and free weights.
- The Frost Hall cardio room has treadmills, bikes, EFX machines, and lighter weights.
- The Aiken Hall weight room includes many free weights, barbells, dumbells, and strength building machines.
The velocity pool in the Click Center offers swimmers the challenge of against-current conditioning.
Click Center Hours
Monday through Friday: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Click Center hours may vary during summer sessions and school breaks. Changes to hours will be shared with students and posted on the Click Center doors.
Scheduled for completion in 2017, Landmark College's new $2 million all-weather athletics field will be at the epicenter of year-round student activity, supporting our growing campus sports and wellness initiatives. Features of the Charles Drake Field will include:
- Regulation-size soccer and lacrosse field
- An environmentally safe, state-of-the-art turf infill material
The quad in the middle of campus, surrounded by a colonnade and classrooms, is the location for softball games and many other sports and activities.
The baseball field is 3 miles south of campus and has major-league dimensions.