For over 25 years, the Landmark College Institute for Research and Training (LCIRT) has provided cutting-edge, relevant, and practical professional development to individuals and schools. Informed by current research and decades of classroom experience, LCIRT is a leader in the fields of learning disabilities, ADHD, and autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
Our professional development offerings are research-based, classroom-tested, highly practical, and universally designed. We serve a wide range of professionals, including educators and disability support personnel at the secondary and postsecondary levels across the United States, Canada, and beyond.
We offer a number of ways for individuals and schools to obtain professional development, including:
- Webinars on the latest topics and trends in LD education
- An online professional certificate in “Learning Differences (LD) and Neurodiversity: Specialization in Executive Function”
- For schools and colleges we offer workshops, consulting, keynote presentations, or can customize professional development for your needs
- Our annual Landmark College Summer Institute conference held each year on our beautiful campus in southern Vermont
- We’re pleased to announce our first annual Winter Institute for Educators conference in San Francisco, CA
Contact us to find out more: (802) 387-1662 or email@example.com
Testimonials from past participants
“Thank you—this was by far the best training workshop I have ever taken!”
“This workshop has been a transformative experience for me as an educator. I was in search of support, guidance, information, and resources and I received all of these things.”
“Beyond my expectations! I would highly recommend this to colleagues.”
“This course is highly beneficial to anyone working with students—not just LD students!”
Contact us to explore customized professional development opportunities for your school or college.
Research clearly shows that transformative professional development for educators doesn’t happen overnight. While traditional single-day in-service workshops are valuable to faculty and staff, professional development that takes place over a series of weeks or months can not only transform the practices of individual teachers, but can create positive school-wide change.
At LCIRT, our professional development is part of a dynamic triad that includes research and Landmark College classroom practice.
Research conducted by LCIRT informs our professional development and validates Landmark College classroom practice. Our professional development offerings drive new research initiatives. Our classroom practices suggest new pathways for research and energize professional development offerings.
Our work with each school follows our innovative model. It is also highly collaborative and responsive to the culture and needs of each school. In general, our work includes these phases:
- Needs assessment
- Customized delivery of content: relevant theory and practice
- Ongoing support for integration of new information and practice