Coming Soon for 2021:
- Elective Course Selection Form
Dates: Sunday, July 11 – Saturday, August 14, 2021*
Cost: $7,900, (cost includes double occupancy residence hall room, all meals, and most activities). Plus $125 refundable damage deposit
Optional, 1-credit physical education courses are offered at an additional cost
* Classes are held on Friday and residence halls will close at noon on Saturday the 14th.
Are you a bright and talented college student with a learning disability, ADHD, or autism? Do you study and work hard—but your grades do not show it? Do you find yourself falling further and further behind? This summer study with other bright and talented students who learn differently—students from a variety of colleges and universities around the country, as well as current Landmark College students, who will share their experiences and learning strategies as fellow classmates in credit courses.
Our Summer Bridge Experience features morning and afternoon classes, along with plenty of opportunities for fun activities, sports, recreation, and exploration of Vermont’s beautiful countryside.
What You Gain From a Summer at Landmark College:
Our years of experience with students who learn differently have shown that focusing, even for a short time, on how you learn can make a significant difference in your success in school.
We expect you to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of your learning differences and personal learning style
- Advocate for your needs as a learner
- Build learning strategies in the academic areas most difficult for you
- Develop study skills that produce results
- Develop skills in emerging assistive technology to advance your learning abilities
- Learn to use the support and expertise of kind and caring professors and advisors
- Identify ways to become more strategic in your approach to college
In addition to your classes, you’ll also participate in:
- Regular weekly advising with one of LC’s professional advisors. Sessions will include such topics as self-reflection and self-advocacy, goal planning and setting, strategies for academic success, and identifying next steps for the future
- One-on-one meetings with your faculty advisor to work on your areas of need
- Visits to the College’s Center for Academic Support, a real hub in the learning process at LC. Staffed by College faculty, it offers support in reading, writing, study skills, and coursework
- Opportunities with experienced librarians and educational technology staff
Summer in Putney, Vermont
The Summer Bridge Experience is offered on Landmark College’s rural campus in picturesque southern Vermont. The town of Putney is located just nine miles from historic Brattleboro, named one of the “Top 10 Small Art Towns in America.” Participants join current Landmark College students who will be taking college courses.
Financial aid is available and awarded upon acceptance. Financial aid applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis—please apply early.
Landmark College also offers a fall or spring Bridge Experience for visiting college students. Spending a semester at Landmark College gives students a boost to their learning strategies, skills, and self-knowledge, acting as a bridge to success when they return to their home college or transfer to another institution.