Landmark College has established a Success Center on the West Coast! Located in San Mateo, California, LC’s new Bay Area Success Center provides neurodiverse teens, young adults, and adults with access to our unmatched resources and support for success in their academic and social skills development journey. Success Center resources and approaches are based on the world-class academic and student life elements found on our flagship campus in Vermont, ensuring quality and effectiveness honed over 35 years of working with neurodiverse populations.
Academic and executive function supports include:
- A dedicated Learning Specialist who will offer to area students/families LC-aligned and LC-proven student support—in-person and online
- Executive function training such as goal setting, time management, organization, and problem-solving
- College-level learning strategies such as active reading, note-taking, improving the writing process, test taking and mnemonics
- Access to technology-based practices such as gamification and game-based learning to engage neurodiverse individuals
Social supports include:
- Social coaching
- Social engagement
- Independence and autonomy
- Enhancing self-advocacy skills, building relationships, and making friends
- Social events for students and family workshops
- Click here to download a flyer about our social pragmatics services.
- New offering for Summer 2023: PEERS® workshop for young adults
Where is the LC Success Center located?
LC’s Success Center is located in the Annex building on Stanbridge Academy campus just blocks away from the San Mateo Caltrain station, easily accessible to Highway 101 just north of Highway 92.
Who has access to the Success Center?
Bay Area students taking Landmark College Online Dual Enrollment courses, College START, or participating in other LC Online programs, can access Success Center resources. However, nonenrolled, neurodiverse teens, young adults and adults can seek in-person and/or online support from the Success Center that positions them for success as well.
You can also get information and updates about our services by subscribing to the Success Center's e-newsletter.