The Integrated Arts Department offers a rich variety of courses at all levels. These courses provide the student with ample opportunities for the exploration of a variety of topics both in the traditional studio arts as well as in contemporary digital media and cultural studies.
Landmark College has superb facilities for the study of:
- Black & white photography
- Digital photography
- Electronic music
- 3D design
- Video art
All art courses are taught by seasoned artists and musicians, effectively mentoring students in the histories and contemporary expressions of a particular medium.
Art courses foster the practice of critical thinking and self-expression through an integrated mind/body approach to learning. This approach has consistently proven to be successful in addressing the needs of students with learning differences. The Art Department believes that learning differences must be acknowledged as an integral part of the human condition, and that Universal Design principles should guide all of our pedagogic efforts.
In fine and performing arts courses, students learn to:
- Interpret and evaluate art from a variety of aesthetic, critical, and historical approaches
- Understand the role of art in contemporary culture
- Work with the fundamental components, skills, and operations of the particular medium being studied
- Take a process-oriented approach to learning
Bachelor of Arts in Integrated Arts