Drake Center for Academic Support
The Drake Center for Academic Support is here for you! Staffed by friendly professionals, we offer a variety of services, face to face, and virtual. Did you know that more than 50 percent of our students access our services? This is because Drake Academic Support is a great supplement to your overall academic experience.
We hope you include us in your academic routines.
Explore the Drake Center for Academic Support
What can we do? We can help you:
- Organize and plan your time
- Understand and respond to reading
- Organize and produce writing
- Prepare for tests, projects, or presentations
- Discover and use Assistive and Educational Technology
The Drake Center for Academic Support is located in the Lewis Academic Building on the 1st floor.
Hours during Fall and Spring Semesters
Monday – Thursday, 10 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sunday, 5 – 9 p.m.
Appointments can be scheduled by either:
- Visiting the front desk in the Drake Center
- Calling 802-387-6839
- Emailing email@example.com
- Scheduling online in SharkNet (by selecting the “Drake Center Appointment” button, underneath the Canvas icon)
Additional Academic Support
These academic support centers, staffed by Landmark College faculty and staff, provide academic assistance and skill development for students outside the classroom.
Computer Science Support
Types of support:
- Students can schedule one-on-one or drop-in time with computer science faculty.
- Students can work in the computer science labs on projects while being guided by peer mentors who have excelled in computer science courses.
Students may use the computer science labs when classes are not taking place. These are located in the MacFarlane Center, Rooms 112 and 113. Hours are from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
Drop-in Computer Science Peer Support Schedule for Spring 2022:
STEM Building, Room 112
Math support is provided to students on a one-on-one and drop-in basis.
Some math faculty also designate specific office hours to support any math student.
Students work with faculty with expertise in math, and with peer tutors who have excelled in math courses, for assistance with specific courses.
Students who take advantage of math support use these support sessions to complete homework assignments, to prepare for tests, and to improve their math problem-solving skills.
Math support is offered by appointment in the Drake Center, and can be scheduled online, or by contacting the Drake Center.
In addition to office hour appointments with individual faculty members, students are encouraged to access drop-in Science Support hours.
The Science Support Center is staffed by Landmark College science professors.
No appointment is necessary! Come by to get individual help with your work, or just to have a quiet place to study.
Support and instruction is available for all science-specific needs, including:
- Writing lab reports
- Textbook study
- Vocabulary building techniques
- Scientific writing
Schedule for Spring 2022 Drop-in Science Support:
Mondays 6 – 9 p.m.
Wednesdays 6 – 9 p.m.
Eric J.Moschella, Ph.D
Director of Academic Support