What does Executive Function Coaching look like at Landmark College?
By the very nature of its infrastructure and operational mission, Landmark College delivers an immersive EF support experience for students who learn differently. Our overall educational and residential model provides EF support in teaching and learning as well as in student life. EF supports are integrated within Landmark College’s unique approach to:
- Academic advising as a proactive and student centered model.
- Instruction as anchored in principles of universal design.
- Campus experiences that actively promote student self-determination.
- First year learning courses geared towards metacognitive awareness.
- Coaching that is individualized and promotes EF skills such as self-management, organization, motivation, and overall independence.
- Transitions from high school to college to work.
How is EF support at Landmark College different from other institutions?
Traditional colleges are not engineered to manage EF challenges in students. They lack LC’s focused, integrated, yet global approach to student learning and operating differences. Learn more about how the college experience at Landmark College compares to those that provide “accommodations” for students seeking EF support.
A common challenge among college students—and of course students at Landmark College—is effective deployment of executive function skills and abilities. Landmark College provides EF support through advising, coaching, universal design-based pedagogies, and integrated technologies. Outside the classroom, LC provides EF support through our robust student life curriculum that includes highly trained residence hall deans (RDs) who understand the challenges related to still-developing EF skills.
Online Training in Executive Function Coaching
Are you an education professional who wants to learn more about executive function? Landmark College offers an online certificate series in Executive Function and LD.