Landmark College advising takes a student-centered, developmental approach in working with students to become more self-determined and independent. Advisors guide students to problem solve and make decisions regarding educational and personal goals.
- Advisors serve as guides through the Landmark College program, working with students to coordinate non-academic and academic elements to meet their goals.
- Advisors oversee a student's entire academic program. Their involvement is not limited to course selection and the add/drop process.
- Advisors serve as the primary contact person for parents or sponsors who have questions about the program. The student is primarily responsible for contact with parents.
- Advisors use diagnostic information and performance reports to help students understand their strengths and learning needs.
- Advisors will help students set short-term and long-range goals and assist students in planning their course of study to ensure they have met appropriate degree requirements and have developed areas of interest.
- Advisors also play a supportive role in referring students to Career Connections, Counseling and Health Services, and other academic and campus resources to help students meet their needs.
Director of Core Advising