Students and families interested in financial aid should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) from the Department of Education. This is the only application that is required for awarding both federal grant aid as well as Landmark College need-based scholarships.
Applying for Aid
- Apply early by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as early as January 1. Be sure to include Landmark College Title IV Code: #017157 as a recipient of your FAFSA results.
- If you have filed your FAFSA before February 15 and have already been accepted to the college, expect to receive your financial aid award package by April 1. Your award package will include your eligibility for federal and Landmark scholarship sources, as well as instructions for next steps. After April 1st, applications are reviewed as they are received. Awards are typically sent within one week of application receipt.
- Let the financial aid office know if there are any special circumstances that your FAFSA does not demonstrate (parent job loss, medical expenses, etc.) so that we may work with you to tailor a financial aid package that meets your needs.
- Apply for scholarships with private/outside organizations such as civic organizations, your parent's employer, churches and other community organizations.
Once the student has made the decision to enroll at Landmark College, an enrollment deposit should be sent to the business office. Landmark College Scholarships do not require acceptance. Please complete all steps for accepting student loans.
Students must reapply for financial aid each year. Awards received may change from year to year as information about the student’s financial situation may change.
Check out www.studentaid.gov for common questions about financial aid:
What is the FAFSA and how do you fill it out?
- What is the dependency status of my student and why is it useful?
- How is Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) calculated?
- What are the different types of federal financial aid?
- Who is eligible to receive federal financial aid?
- How do I avoid financial aid scams?
- What are the current loan interest rates and fees?
- What are the tax benefits? How can I help support my child?
Before January 1, 2017
Applicants for Spring 2017 should add Landmark College to the 2016-2017 FAFSA
January 1, 2017
Applicants for Fall 2017 can begin filing their FAFSA
February 15, 2017
Priority deadline for Financial Aid for all students
Please review our Financial Aid Brochure [PDF] for additional information.