Cities at War
(HIS2721 & HIS3721)
Prerequisites for HIS2721: Prerequisites for HIS2731: EN1011 or WRT1011 (English Composition & Rhetoric), F.Y. Studies, 1000-level Humanities course (or permission of instructor)
Prerequisites for HIS3721: same as for HIS2671, plus EN021 or WRT1012 (Research & Analysis) & 3 2000-level courses (one in the Humanities) at C or above
June 16-July 7, 2018
Check out our program blog
Academic Director: Brian Cohen
Program Director: Christie Herbert
Primary goals: to explore the experiences and memories of the people of Berlin during World War II.
- Live at the ultra modern CIEE Global Institute in the central neighborhood of Kreuzberg
- Study social, cultural, and military history in the classroom, via digital resources, and at key historical sites
- Focus on German and Allied perspectives, with an emphasis on on "everyday" experience of Berlin citizens during wartime
- Explore "historical memory" and the different ways that Berlin has memorialized the war
- This program will be housed in the same student apartments for the entire 3 weeks.
- The CIEE Global institute has a small, in-house cafe and kitchen facilities on each floor.
Itinerary (stay tuned)
Student Handbook (stay tuned)
Travel Information (stay tuned)
Cost for this program is $6,000* and includes:
- 3-credit course
- Group flights
- In-country transportation
- Field trips and housing
- Some group meals
Price does not include individual spending money.
Landmark College's "Global Engagement" Scholarship offers a 50% scholarship to a select group of eligible students. Information about eligibility and application process here.
* Discounts for students enrolled in back-to-back summer Study Abroad programs. Pair this program with studying in The Netherlands.