Cities at War
Prerequisites for HIS2721: Prerequisites for HIS2731: EN1011 or WRT1011 (English Composition & Rhetoric), F.Y. Studies, 1000-level Humanities course (or permission of instructor)
June 16 – July 7, 2018
Coming soon: 2018 Germany Blog
Check out our 2017 Germany blog
Primary goals: to explore the experiences and memories of the people of Berlin during World War II.
- Live at the ultra modern CIEE Global Institute in the central neighborhood of Kreuzberg.
- Study social, cultural, and military history in the classroom, via digital resources, and at key historical sites.
- Focus on German and Allied perspectives, with an emphasis on “everyday” experience of Berlin citizens during wartime.
- Explore “historical memory” and the different ways that Berlin has memorialized the war.
- This program will be housed in the same student apartments for the entire 3 weeks.
- The CIEE Global Institute has a small, in-house cafe and kitchen facilities on each floor.
Student Handbook (stay tuned)
Travel Information (stay tuned)
Cost for this program is $6,000* and includes:
- 3-credit course
- Group flights
- In-country transportation
- Field trips and housing
- Some group meals
Price does not include individual spending money.
Landmark College’s “Global Engagement” Scholarship offers a 50% scholarship to a select group of eligible students. Information about eligibility and application process here.
*Discounts for students enrolled in back-to-back summer Study Abroad programs. Pair this program with studying in The Netherlands.