Summer Session for Visiting College Students
Check back in the fall for 2015 dates and details!
36 Days to a New Way of Learning
- Are you a bright and talented college student with a learning disability, ADHD, or ASD?
- Do you study and work hard—but your grades do not show it?
- Do you find yourself falling farther and farther behind?
Our summer program features morning and afternoon classes, along with plenty of opportunities for fun activities, sports, recreation, and exploration of Vermont's beautiful countryside. You will immerse yourself in an entirely new living and learning experience, joining a college community unlike any other you have ever experienced:
- Study with other bright and talented students who also learn in different ways—students from a variety of colleges and universities around the country, as well as Landmark College's own students, who will share their experiences and learning strategies as fellow classmates in credit courses.
- Learn from professors who truly understand the challenges and frustrations you encounter in the classroom—and who can help you discover new learning strategies to succeed.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of your learning differences and personal learning style.
- Learn to advocate for your needs as a learner.
- Build your comprehension, writing, and executive function skills so you can return to school next fall with the skills you need to succeed.
Date & Location - 2014
Landmark College • Putney, VT
Saturday July 5 - Saturday August 9, 2014
Cost: $7,575 includes room, board and refundable $75 damage deposit for the five-week program
Optional physical education courses are an additional $250 each
For more details, download the 2014 Application and Brochure: Summer Session for Visiting College Students [PDF]
What You Gain From a Summer at Landmark College
Our years of experience with students who learn differently have shown that focusing, even for a short time, on how you learn can make a significant difference in your success in school.
We expect you to:
- Gain an in-depth understanding of your learning differences and personal learning style
- Advocate for your needs as a learner
- Build learning strategies in the academic areas most difficult for you
- Develop study skills that produce results
- Develop skills in emerging assistive technology to advance your learning abilities
- Learn to use the support and expertise of kind and caring professors and advisors
- Identify ways to become more strategic in your approach to college
In addition to your classes, you'll also participate in:
- Weekly small-group advising sessions with Landmark College faculty advisors to collaborate on identifying and using resources of time management, organization and work completion
- One-on-one meetings with your faculty advisor to work on your areas of need
- Visits to the College's Center for Academic Support, a real hub in the learning process at Landmark. Staffed by College faculty, it offers support in reading, writing, study skills and coursework.
- Support from our experienced librarians and assistive and educational technology staff
Summer in Putney, VT
The Summer Session for Visiting College Students is offered on Landmark College's rural Putney campus in picturesque southern Vermont. Putney is located just nine miles from historic Brattleboro, named one of the "Top 10 Small Art Towns in America." Participants join current Landmark students who will be doing associate-degree college work. Program staff are primarily members of the Landmark College faculty.
Questions? Contact us for more info!