Summer Transition Program for College-Bound High School Graduates
Landmark College’s Summer Transition to College Program helps students with learning differences prepare for the challenging transition from high school to college, and from home to residence hall.
Landmark College's Summer Transition to College Program for recent high school graduates is all about preparation—through practice and exposure—for that crucial first semester of college.
High-achieving students with learning differences—especially those that stem from ADHD—often face unanticipated difficulties in their first semester of college that may put them at risk for failure. Problems often arise not from a lack of academic abilities, but from the enormous jump in independence required in a college environment.
The Summer Transition to College Program is designed to help college-bound high school graduates with learning differences to:
- Articulate individual learning issues that need attention
- Identify the specific supports and accommodations they'll need in college—and how to access them
- Practice enrolling in a freshman lecture class and other courses freshmen usually take
- Use the self-advocacy skills they'll need to navigate through their freshman year
- Apply organizational skills, helpful habits, and useful behaviors they'll need to succeed at college—and identifying problem habits and behaviors that might surface during their first year
Students are immersed in a living/learning experience that offers a real "taste" of college life, college-level work and the challenges they will encounter in the fall. They develop a clear understanding of their personal learning strengths and needs, and discover how resources and self-advocacy can support their success in college.
Note: For admission to this program, students must provide a letter of admission to a four-year college or university.
Dates & Location
Landmark College • Putney, VT
Friday, July 25 - Saturday August 9, 2014
cost: $3,475 (includes refundable $50 damage deposit)
Finanacial Aid is available
Summer in Putney, VT
The Summer Transition to College Program is offered on Landmark College's rural Putney campus in picturesque southern Vermont. Putney is located just nine miles from historic Brattleboro, named one of the Top 10 Small Art Towns in America. Participants join current Landmark College students who will be working toward their associate degrees in a five-week credit session. Program staff are primarily members of the Landmark College faculty.
Questions? Contact us for more info!