Prerequisites for EDU2011: EN1011 or WRT1011 (English Comp & Rhetoric), F.Y. Studies, 1000-level Social Science or Education course (or permission of instructor)
+/-May 26 – June 16, 2018
Follow the current 2018 Netherlands Blog
Check out the 2016 Netherlands program blog.
Academic Director: Ann McCloskey
Program Director: Liza Burns
Primary goal: To explore the historical, cultural, political, and economic forces that shape educational issues.
- Study in the picturesque town of Leiden (a small, historically and culturally rich university town near Amsterdam).
- Live in Webster University suites overlooking the harbor and windmills.
- Gain firsthand experience of Dutch culture via an in-depth exploration of education in The Netherlands.
- Enjoy day excursions such as rowing along the canals, walking tours of Amsterdam, and biking to the North Sea.
- Visit local schools in order to compare cultural differences in educational access and opportunity (including for students who learn differently).
- No real language barrier as most Dutch speak fluent English
- Biking competency important for some outings but alternative transportation possible
Cost for the trip is $6,000* and includes:
- 3-credit course
- Group flights
- In-country transportation
- Field trips and housing
- Some group meals
- Price does not include individual spending money
Landmark College’s “Global Engagement” Scholarship offers a 50% scholarship to a select group of eligible students. Information about eligibility and application process here.
*Discounts for students enrolled in back-to-back summer Study Abroad programs. Pair this program with studying in Berlin.