EDU3014: Special Topics—Comparative Education: Neurodiversity in the Netherlands
May 30 – June 20, 2023
Interested in following along with our Summer 2023 students’ adventures in the Netherlands? Check out the Summer 2023 blog!
Please note that the application period for the Summer 2023 Netherlands Program has ended.
Primary goal: To explore the historical, cultural, political, and economic forces that shape educational issues.
- Study in the picturesque town of Leiden (a small, historic, and culturally rich university town near Amsterdam).
- Gain firsthand experience of Dutch culture via an in-depth exploration of education in The Netherlands.
- Visit local schools in order to compare cultural differences in educational access and opportunity (including for students who learn differently).
Housing, Transportation, and Program Activities
- Live in Webster University suites overlooking the harbor and windmills
- Daily travel may include walking, trains, trams, buses, taxis
- Enjoy day excursions such as historic/cultural sites, visits to Amsterdam and other cities, and North Sea beaches
This program will have a group round-trip flight from Logan airport in Boston to Schiphol airport in Amsterdam, then students will travel by train between Amsterdam and the program housing in Leiden.
- At least one program leader will accompany the group on each flight
- Landmark will offer optional shuttle service between campus and the airport
Program at a Glance
Program Dates: May 30 – June 20, 2023
Netherlands Program Leaders
Free time/Independence: Variable
Physical Demands and Accessibility: Moderate
Language Difficulty: Low
See details below.