Special Topics in History: Legions & Legends, Pagans & Priests
Prerequisites: EDU1011/1001, WRT1011, and one 1000-level HIS/PHI/REL course (or permission of instructor)
January 5–25, 2019
Program Fee: $6,000
See “Forms, Fees, and Deadlines” for additional information about program costs and financial aid/scholarships, and to apply for this program.
Follow the journey:
Program Director: Denise Higgins
Academic Director: Dan Miller
Primary goal: to explore the history of Britain from the Romans to Alfred the Great through classroom instruction and visits to museums, castles, and other historical sites.
- Live in a guest house with easy access to London theaters, museums, the Tower of London, and the London Eye.
- Explore the legend of King Arthur, the Roman occupation of England, and the conquest of the Saxons.
- Enjoy day trips to York, Canterbury, Wales, and Glastonbury and optional day trips to Bath and Oxford.
- This program will be housed for the 3 weeks in the same guest house in London.
- Students will be responsible, with support from directors, for most of their own lunches and dinners.
- Students should be prepared for a cold and wet urban environment.