HIS2711: The Irish Experience
Prerequisites: EDU1001/1011, WRT1011, and a 1000-level History, Art History, Philosophy, or Religion course, (or permission of instructor)
Dates: June 15 to July 6, 2019
Check out the Summer 2019 Ireland blog!
2019 Program Documents:
Primary goal: to explore the rich historical and literary culture of Ireland while living and traveling in Ireland
Program Director: Sara Glennon
Academic Director: Mike Hutcheson
The Ireland program fee is $6,000* and includes:
- 3-credit course
- Group flights
- In-country transportation
- Field trips and housing
- Health insurance for the duration of the program
- Some meals: one lunch and two dinners, as well as breakfasts for the 10 days in Galway
Estimated additional costs: about $500 – 600.
Student spending can vary depending on the individual. Additional costs include:
- Most meals (about 10 breakfasts, 20 lunches, and 19 dinners). Budget-friendly restaurant options are often available, and students will have access to a kitchen, including a microwave, in all their accommodations.
- Free time activities
- Cell phone costs, if students plan to activate a roaming plan or purchase a local SIM card
- Souvenirs, gifts, etc.
- Additional luggage fees beyond the first checked bag
Flights for this program will depart from Boston or the New York area. A shuttle bus will be provided from Landmark campus. Some students may incur additional costs to get to the departure airport to meet the group.
*Discounts for students enrolled in back-to-back summer study abroad programs. Pair this program with Scotland.