Special Topics in History: Legions & Legends, Pagans & Priests
Prerequisites for HIS2731: EN1011 or WRT1011 (English Composition & Rhetoric), F.Y. Studies, 1000-level Humanities course (or permission of instructor)
January 5 – 25, 2018
Check out the program blog
Academic Director: Dan Miller
Program Director: Denise Higgins
Primary goal: to explore the history of Britain from the Romans to Alfred the Great through classroom instruction and visits to museums, castles, and other historical sites.
- Live in a guest house with easy access to London theaters, museums, the Tower of London, and the London Eye.
- Explore the legend of King Arthur, the Roman occupation of England, and the conquest of the Saxons.
- Enjoy trips to Wales, Canterbury, and Bath.
- This program will be housed for most of the 3 weeks in the same guest house in London.
- Students will be responsible, with support from directors, for most of their own lunches and dinners.
- Students should be prepared for a cold and wet urban environment.
Syllabus: This is the 2018 syllabus, 2019 syllabus coming soon.
Itinerary: This is the 2018 itinerary. 2019 itinerary coming soon.
Student Handbook: This is the 2018 student handbook. 2019 handbook coming soon.
Cost for this program is $6,000* and includes:
- 3-credit course
- Group flights
- In-country transportation
- Field trips and housing
- Some group meals
Price does not include individual spending money.
Landmark College’s “Global Engagement” Scholarship offers a 50% scholarship to a select group of eligible students. Information about eligibility and application process here.