Landmark College is establishing a Success Center on the West Coast! Located in San Mateo, California, LC’s new Bay Area Success Center provides neurodiverse individuals access to our unmatched resources and support for success in their academic and social skills development journey. Success Center resources and approaches are based on the world-class academic and student life elements found on our flagship campus in Vermont, ensuring quality and effectiveness honed over 35 years of working with neurodiverse populations.
Academic supports include:
- A dedicated Learning Specialist who will offer to area students/families LC-aligned and LC-proven student support – in-person and online
- Executive function training such as goal setting, time management, organization, and problem-solving
- College-level learning strategies such as active reading, note-taking, improving the writing process, test taking and mnemonics
- Access to technology-based practices such as gamification and game-based learning to engage neurodiverse individuals
Social supports include:
- Social coaching
- Social engagement
- Independence and autonomy
- Enhancing self-advocacy skills, building relationships, and making friends
- Social events for students and family workshops
Where is the LC Success Center located?
LC’s Success Center is located at the Compass High School, an innovative grade 9-12 program for high school students who learn differently, in San Mateo, California. The location is close to the junction of Highway 92 and El Camino Real in San Mateo, just two blocks away from the SamTrans bus line, a 15-minute walk from CalTrain, and easily accessible from Highway 280 or 101 via Highway 92.
Who has access to the Success Center?
Bay Area students taking Landmark College Online Dual Enrollment courses or participating in other LC Online programs currently under development, (including College START, our year one of college offering scheduled for fall 2021), can access Success Center resources. However, non-enrolled, neurodiverse individuals can seek in-person and/or online support from the Success Center that positions them for success as well.
Sandra Fishler (pictured here) is LC’s Regional Director of Online Programs for the California Bay Area and is leading the effort to establish the Success Center. Send Sandra an email or schedule a call to learn more.