Cross Country Running Coach
The Cross Country Running Coach is responsible for organizing tri-weekly running practices and coordinating all aspects of the team’s race season in the fall. This includes selecting races, driving the team to and from races, and coordinating entries and meals during the contest season, which runs from September through October.
This position is a 4-days-per-week commitment requiring late afternoon/evening and weekend hours. Coaches are expected to run three practices during weekday evenings and must have weekend availability to coach and travel with the team to contests one day per weekend during the fall race season. The competitive season runs September through October in the fall, and compensation listed includes facilitation of a running group in the spring, from mid-March through early May.
- CPR/AED Adult certified or ability to become certified with 30 days of hire.
- Clean driving record and ability to become Landmark College vehicle driver certified within 30 days of hire.
- Experience training and competing in distance running events at the high school, college, amateur adult, or professional level.
- Understanding of basic running technique, training, and conditioning principles.
- Ability to motivate student-athletes and manage interpersonal dynamics between student-athletes.
- Organizational and planning skills sufficient to coordinate team logistics for races.
- Experience and understanding of working with neurodiverse student populations.
- Three or more years of athletics coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.
- First Aid certification.
The Cross Country Running Coach position requires the ability to run or bike a distance of several miles, stand for prolonged periods of time, and the ability to lift 40 pounds safely. Coaches must have the physical stamina to be able to drive for distances up to three hours away from the College and back again in the same day.
Anticipated compensation for this role is as follows:
- Head Coach—$2,750 year with spring running group