Gifts of Securities

Why Give Appreciated Securities?

If you have owned long-term appreciated securities—such as stocks, bonds, mutual funds or real estate—for more than a yetwo moms at Landmark Collegear, it may be advantageous to donate them directly to Landmark College, rather than to contribute cash.

A) If your broker (or bank) holds your stock shares or mutual fund shares, you may request that they be transferred via DTC to:

Vanguard Brokerage Services
DTC: #0062
Account: # 56221114

Once the shares are sent to Vanguard, please contact Mark Higgins, Landmark College Controller, or Carol Nardino in Institutional Advancement, to alert Landmark of the pending gift.

Mark Higgins, Controller

Carol Nardino, Senior Director of Institutional Advancement
and Special Assistant to the President

B) If you hold stock in certificate form:

1. By certified mail, send unendorsed certificate to:

    Mark Higgins, Controller
    Landmark College
   19 River Road South
    Putney, VT 05346

Don't forget to request a return receipt.

2. In a separate first class envelope, send to the same address above a stock power form in PDF format for each certificate, signed exactly as your name appears on the security but otherwise left completely blank.

3. Include a signed letter of instruction specifying the number of shares being transferred and the gift designation. For example, "100 shares of XYZ Corporation to Landmark College Annual Fund." If your gift is for less than the total number of shares listed on the certificate, include your social security number so a new certificate with the remaining shares can be issued.

The value of your gift will be the average of the high and low quotations using the latest postmarked date from the stock certificate on the stock power form.

Thank you for your generous gift to Landmark College.
Landmark College is a non-profit organization and is recognized as exempt under section 501(c)(3).