Hosting a Learning Institute
What are the benefits of hosting a Learning Institute?
- Enhance your reputation regionally and nationally
- Provide low-cost, high-quality professional development for your faculty and staff on site
- Engage in opportunity to generate sustainable revenue
- Develop a growing collaborative partnership with Landmark College
How can I host a Learning Institute (LI) at my school?
Follow these steps to plan and host a successful Learning Institute:
- Contact us: If you are interested in partnering with LCIRT to host a Learning Institute at your institution, the first step is to contact LCIRT to gain more information and/or to process your request. Please contact us by email or by phone at 802. 387.1662.
- Agreement: LCIRT staff will work closely with you to understand your needs and to negotiate the details of the event such as the date, time, and topics. You can choose from a menu of topics to be presented at your event.
- MOU: LCIRT will generate a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) to confirm the logistics and specify the cost-sharing and revenue-sharing terms. LCIRT and partnering institutions share responsibilities for marketing and logistics according to the terms listed in the MOU.
- Market Event: We rely on the partnering institutions to take the lead in marketing the event, since you have knowledge of the potential audience in your region. LCIRT will be responsible for creating the marketing materials. We request that you distribute marketing materials to your contacts and to local media, list the event details on your website, and email potential participants.
- Oversee Logistics: We rely on you to oversee logistics such as defining an event space or location; providing audio visual and tech support; arranging for catering; and signing in participants during the event. LCIRT is responsible for registering participants and collecting revenues; arranging presenters’ travel; and creating the deliverables such as the presentations, handouts, and evaluations.
- Host Event: LCIRT professionals will travel to your institution to deliver the presentations at the event.
- Review and Revise: After the event, you and LCIRT will review evaluations and financial reports to plan the next cycle.
For additional information
Landmark College Institute
for Research and Training