Customized Professional Development
Research clearly shows that transformative professional development for educators doesn’t happen overnight. Traditional single-day in-service workshops have limited impact on changing teachers’ practice.
- Sustained exposure over time to new ideas
- Work done within the context and culture of a learning community
- Universally Designed approaches that acknowledge diversity in background, expertise, and interests
21st century professional development takes advantage of e-learning through:
- Discussion boards
- Asynchronous modules to accommodate teachers’ busy lives.
At LCIRT, our professional development is part of a dynamic triad that includes research and Landmark College classroom practice.
Research conducted by LCIRT informs our professional development and validates Landmark College classroom practice. Our professional development offerings drive new research initiatives. Our classroom practices suggest new pathways for research and energize professional development offerings.
Our work with each school follows our innovative model. It is also highly collaborative and responsive to the culture and needs of each school. In general, our work includes these phases:
- Needs assessment
- Customized delivery of content: relevant theory and practice
- Ongoing support for integration of new information and practice
Testimonials from past participants:
"Thank you—this was by far the best training workshop I have ever taken!"
"This workshop has been a transformative experience for me as an educator. I was in search of support, guidance, information, and resources and I received all of these things."
"Beyond my expectations! I would highly recommend this to colleagues."
"This course is highly beneficial to anyone working with students--not just LD students!"
Contact us to explore customized professional development opportunities for your school or college.
Landmark College Institute for Research and Training