Landmark College Research Advisory Panel
The Landmark College Research Advisory Panel, established in 2013, is a think tank of nationally recognized educators, researchers, neuroscientists, and entrepreneurs in the field of learning differences.
Hosted bi-annually by Landmark College Institute for Research and Training (LCIRT), the charge of this panel is to:
- Keep Landmark College’s research initiatives at the forefront of new knowledge and discovery in the field of LD, ADHD, and ASD.
- Inform Landmark College’s technology initiatives in eLearning and online delivery.
- Share information regarding Landmark College’s research projects and practices with peers and colleagues at the highest levels.
- Raise the College’s scientific reputation and visibility by facilitating the formation of strategic alliances and helping with the dissemination of Landmark College scientific findings.
- Leverage panelists’ own reputations for increased visibility for students with LD and Landmark College.
- Create a new population of supporters who might be interested in supporting and/or serving the College.
Research Advisory Panel Members:
Dr. Loring Brinkerhoff: Director, Office of Disability Policy, Educational Testing Service (ETS). Consultant for Harvard Medical School and Columbia University on learning disabilities. Read about ETS: Office of Disability Policy at www.ets.org/disabilities . Web-bio: Loring Brinkerhoff
Dr. Sheryl Burgstahler: Founder and Director of the DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology) Center and the Access Technology Center. Professor, College of Education, University of Washington, Seattle. Read about DO-IT at www.washington.edu/doit . Web-bio: Sheryl Burgstahler
Dr. Noel Gregg: Distinguished Research Professor and Associate Dean of Research, College of Education, University of Georgia. Co-Director, Georgia STEM Access Alliance. Read about BreakThru grant at www.georgiabreakthru.org . Web-bio: Noel Gregg
Dr. Sam Johnston: Research Scientist, CAST - Center for Applied Special Technologies. Former Senior Associate and Distance Educator, and lead curriculum developer at the Center for Social Innovation (c4si). Read about CAST at www.cast.org. Web-bio: Sam Johnson
Dr. Matt Schneps: Director, Lab for Visual Learning, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics; Executive Director of Science Media Center. Read about Lab for Visual Learning at www.cfa.harvard.edu/dyslexia . Web-bio: Matt Schneps
Dr. Gordon Sherman: Past President of IDA and current Principal of New Grange School for students with LD in Princeton, NJ. Read about The Laurel School of Princeton at www.laurelschoolprinceton.org. Web-bio: Gordon Sherman
Mr. Steve Walker: CEO of New England Wood Pellet. Self-taught engineer, entrepreneur, and recognized international leader in the wood pellet sector. Read about Journey into Dyslexia HBO film. Web-bio: Steve Walker