Landmark College Pet Therapy Program
The therapy dogs involved in the Landmark College Pet Therapy Program are certified therapy dogs.
The dogs and their handler have passed a rigorous testing process involving behavior assessments and obedience requirements. The dogs have also met certain temperament standards. The dogs and their handler together are a certified dog therapy team; the dog must always be with the licensed handler.
Researchers have found that interactions between humans and pets can provide a number of positive health benefits. Pet therapy has been shown to reduce anxiety, lower blood pressure and even help to ease the pain of depression.
FALL 2013 Visit Schedule
- September 11 (Weds) 5:00 – 6:00
- September 25 (Weds) 5:00 – 6:00
- October 9 (Weds) 5:00 – 6:00
- October 23 (Weds) 5:00 – 6:00
- November 6 (Weds) 5:00 - 6:00
- November 20 (Weds) 5:00 – 6:00
- December 4 (Weds) 5:00 – 6:00
Visits take place in the FAB 4th floor Faculty Lounge.