Pet Therapy Program
The dogs involved in the Landmark College Pet Therapy Program are certified therapy dogs.
The dogs and their handler have passed a rigorous testing process involving behavior assessments and obedience requirements. The dogs have also met certain temperament standards. The dogs and their handler together are a certified dog therapy team; the dog must always be with the licensed handler.
Researchers have found that interactions between humans and pets can provide a number of positive health benefits. Pet therapy has been shown to reduce anxiety, lower blood pressure, and even help to ease the pain of depression.
Fall 2014 Visit Schedule
- Sept. 9 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sept. 23 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Oct. 7 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Oct. 21 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Nov. 4 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Nov. 18 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Dec. 2 (Tuesday) 5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Visits take place in the FAB 4th floor Faculty Lounge.