Thanksgiving Break Housing
Residence Halls Close: Noon on Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Residence Halls Open: Noon on Sunday, December 1, 2013
Thanksgiving Break – Before You Leave
Please remember that you are responsible for completing all of the following steps before leaving for break:
- Remove trash from your room and all common areas to prevent bug and rodent problems. Room/Suite-Apartment Common space trash left will be billed to the room. It is recommended that you put any valuable belongings, book or clothes up off the floor in case of a water leak.
- Secure all valuables and personal belongings. The College assumes no liability for personal property.
- Turn off all electrical appliances (only exceptions: fridge, fish tank).
- Close and lock room doors and windows. Leave shades up.
- Please be advised, residence hall staff will inspect every room prior to closing the halls for break, and secure any unlocked doors; don’t get charged for a lockout! Remember to bring your room/suite keys and ID with you for break, and bring them back when you return.
- If leaving a car on campus, please park it in the Facilities Overflow Lot. Cars left on upper or lower campus will be towed at owner’s expense in the event of a snowstorm.
Thanksgiving Break – Staying on Campus
Need to Stay in Housing over the Break?
Please read below, and click the link at the bottom to fill out the application.
Thanksgiving Break Housing Requests are due by Friday, November 15 at 5 p.m.
Request form submission does not guarantee approval. Your request will be reviewed, and an email with approval or denial will be sent by Wednesday, November 20, 2013.
Criteria and Policies for Remaining on Campus during Thanksgiving Break:
- The deadline to apply for break housing is 5 p.m. on Friday, November 15, 2013. Applications will then be reviewed by the Residential Life to establish eligibility. If you do not sign up by this deadline, you are not eligible for break housing. All applications will be answered by Wednesday, November 13, 2013.
- Students who are currently on a disciplinary status of Probation or higher are not eligible for break housing unless specific permission is received by the Dean of Students.
- There will be a strictly enforced "no guest" policy during the duration of break housing.
- All of the College's policies and regulations as outlined in the Student Handbook will be in effect. Any violations of the College policies or Standards of Conduct during break housing will require a student to leave campus for the remainder of the break period.
- If you plan on returning to the College at any time during the break, you must apply for housing (even if you will not be sleeping on campus).
- The cost is $175 per person to remain on campus whether you stay for part or all of the break. Dining services, security, and administrative coverage in the Residence Halls will be available during this break period.
- You must attend a mandatory Thanksgiving Break Stay meeting.
The 2013 Thanksgiving Break Stay Registration Form will become available starting Monday, November 4, 2013.
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Resident Dean or Sean O’Reilly, Director of Residential Life and Student Conduct.
Director of Residential Life & Student Conduct
Strauch Family Student Center, Room 210