College Break Housing
College break is coming up. You may be wondering what you need to do before you leave campus. Or you may plan to stay on campus during break and are wondering what steps you'll need to take in order to do so.
Students are able to stay on campus during selected college breaks by completing an application process. Requirements for each break vary. Refer to the information provided for upcoming breaks.
Summer Break - Before You Leave Campus
All students must make a checkout appointment with their Resident Dean before leaving campus for Summer Break. Appointment signups are located at each RA Office.
- Residence Halls close on Sunday, May 19 at 12 p.m.
- Residence Halls re-open for Summer I students only on Sunday, June 2 at 12 p.m.
- Residence Halls open for Fall 2013 Semester Returning Students on Sunday, September 1 at 12 p.m.
You must fulfill below requirements before leaving campus. These will be reviewed with RA/RD staff when you check out:
- Remove all of your belongings from your room prior to check out appointment. Please note any abandoned property will be disposed of. If you need information regarding storage or packing/shipping options, please see our Storage, Packing & Shipping webpage.
- Vacuum floor and clean common spaces. Wipe down all surfaces with wet paper towel or sponge to remove any residue.
- Close and lock room doors and windows. Close shades on first floor. Leave shades up on second/third floor.
- Review Room Condition Report with Res Life Staff and sign. Residential Life Staff and Maintenance staff will assess charges to students for damaged items in rooms.
- Turn your key over to staff at your checkout appointment. Students who do not turn in keys will be billed for a key core change.
- Thank you for helping us take care of our Residence Halls. Have a safe and enjoyable summer!
Director of Residential Life & Student Conduct
Strauch Family Student Center, Room 210