Spring Break Housing
- Halls Close: Noon on Saturday, March 12, 2016
- Halls Open: Noon on Sunday, March 20, 2016
Spring Break – Before You Leave
Please remember that you are responsible for completing all of the following steps before leaving for break:
- Remove trash from your room and all common areas to prevent bug and rodent problems.
- It is recommended that you put valuable belongings, books, and clothes up off the floor.
- Secure all valuables and personal belongings. The College assumes no liability for personal property.
- Turn off all electrical appliances (only exceptions: fridge, fish tank).
- Close and lock room doors and windows, and close the shades.
- Please be advised, residence hall staff, along with facilities and/or security, will inspect every room prior to closing the halls for break, and secure any unlocked doors; don’t get charged for a lockout! Remember to bring your room/suite keys and ID with you for break, and bring them back when you return.
- If leaving a car on campus, please park it in the Facilities Overflow Lot. Cars left on upper or lower campus will be towed at owner’s expense in the event of a snowstorm.
Spring Break – Staying on Campus
Need to Stay in Housing over the Break?
Please read below, then click the link at the bottom to fill out the application.
Spring Break Housing Requests are due by Friday, March 4, 2016, at 11 p.m.
Request form submission does not guarantee approval. Your request will be reviewed, and an email with approval or denial will be sent by Monday, March 7, 2016.
Criteria and Policies for Remaining on Campus during Spring Break:
- The deadline to apply for break housing is 5 p.m. on Friday, March 4, 2016. Applications will then be reviewed by Residential Life to establish eligibility. If you do not sign up by this deadline, you are not eligible for break housing. All applications will be answered by Wednesday, March 7, 2016.
- Students who are currently on a disciplinary status of Probation or higher are not eligible for break housing unless specific permission is received by the Dean of Students.
- There will be a strictly enforced "no guest" policy during the duration of break housing.
- All of the College's policies and regulations as outlined in the Student Handbook will be in effect. Any violations of College policies or Standards of Conduct during break housing will require a student to leave campus for the remainder of the break period.
- If you plan on returning to the College at any time during the break, you must apply for housing (even if you will not be sleeping on campus).
- The cost is $365 per person to remain on campus. The cost is the same whether you stay for part or all of the break. Dining services, security, and administrative coverage in the residence halls will be available during this break period.
- You must attend a mandatory Spring Break Stay meeting on Wednesday, March 9 at 7 p.m. in Dining Hall Conference Room B (you will receive an appointment reminder).
- Anyone who stays past the residence hall closing time and leaves late or who arrives early back on campus after break will be charged $30.
The 2016 Spring Break Stay Registration Form will be available Friday, January 29, 2016, through Friday, February 26, 2016, at 5 p.m.
Have a safe and enjoyable holiday!