New Student Orientation Schedule of Activities for Students and Families
Trying to plan travel? Our General Schedule will give you an idea of what the first few days will look like for students and families.
New Students are required to attend New Student Orientation, which takes place on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (August 27 - 30).
Classes begin on Monday, August 31.
Please plan arriving on campus on Thursday, August 27, between 9 a.m. and 12 noon for New Student Registration/Orientation.
- Follow the signs on campus to locate the Click Family Sports Center. There is ample parking in the parking lot adjacent to the Click Center. View the Campus Map.
- Students will move into their Residence Hall immediately following registration. Typically, student registration takes approximately 30 - 90 minutes to complete. Students and families will be able to drive their personal vehicle to the student's specific Residence Hall to unload belongings for the room. Parking for the day will be in a parking lot close by the halls. Students will stay on campus on Thursday night and each night thereafter.
- Lunch on Thursday is complimentary for families.
- Orientation sessions for students begin at 2 p.m. on Thursday and will continue throughout the day and evening. Student orientation continues on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- There is a Convocation Ceremony that begins at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, August 29. Convocation is an official start to the semester and will include faculty, staff, students and families. Convocation takes place in the Click Family Sports Center.
- View the full student orientation schedule and family orientation schedule.
Student Affairs Program Associate