Health Insurance Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions about the Student Health Insurance Plan & Online Waiver
I don’t have other health insurance coverage. What do I need to do?
- If you do not have other health insurance coverage, you don’t need to take any action. You’ll be automatically enrolled in the Landmark College Student Health Insurance Plan. The charge will appear on your tuition bill and you will receive a Bollinger health insurance card within the first weeks of the semester (you can download a temporary card while you’re waiting).
Where do I find information about coverage and benefits offered by the Landmark College Student Health Insurance Plan?
- For a summary of benefits offered by the Plan, or the full policy document, please see the Landmark College Bollinger Health Insurance site.
If I waive the Landmark College Student Health Insurance Plan, can I still see a nurse or counselor at the Landmark College Health and Counseling Services Office?
- All students, regardless of which insurance they have, are able to see a nurse or counselor through Landmark College Health & Counseling Services and there is no charge for the visit.
How do I know if my individual family health insurance coverage is comparable to that offered by the Landmark College Plan?
- To help you make the comparison, you can access a Summary of Benefits and Coverage through the Bollinger website. You will want to make sure that your insurance covers prescriptions, office visits, hospitalizations, etc. while you are living in Vermont.
My family insurance plan doesn’t cover me while I’m in Vermont, but I have a plan in place to receive healthcare in my home state. Do I qualify to waive the Landmark College Plan?
- Insurance with no coverage in Vermont would not be considered comparable coverage to that offered by the Landmark College Plan, thus students with this type of coverage would not be eligible to waive, regardless of other arrangements they have made.
My family insurance plan covers “emergencies only” in Vermont. Do I qualify to waive the Landmark College Plan?
- Students with insurance which does not offer comparable coverage to that offered by the Landmark College Plan (hospitalizations, prescriptions, office visits, etc) would not be eligible to waive the Plan. To determine if coverage is comparable, please check directly with your insurer and with Bollinger. See the Landmark College Bollinger Health Insurance site for a Summary of Plan Benefits.
I already have other valid and comparable insurance which covers me in Vermont. Can I keep the Landmark College Student Health Insurance Plan as secondary coverage?
- Yes. If you are interested in this option (or in using the Bollinger insurance as primary coverage, with your family insurance as secondary), we recommend that you check directly with your family insurance provider and with Bollinger (800) 526-1379 to determine which policies would cover which charges.
If you have further questions about Insurance Benefits, Preferred Provider Listings or Claims Processing, please contact Bollinger, Inc. at (866) 267-0092 (for claims coverage) or (800) 526-1379 for other questions.
For questions about enrollment forms, Health Services or College student health insurance requirements, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at Landmark College at (802) 387-6714