Residence Halls, Network Connectivity and Personal Computers Policy
Students in residence halls may connect their notebooks to the Landmark network. This will enable access to the Internet, Intranet, email, and network folders to access files and digital texts.
Although Information Technology Services will make its best effort to assist students with this connection, there may be brands or models of computers or combinations of software that meet minimum requirements but simply will not work with the network.
Each residence room will have access to the Landmark network. This will provide access to the Internet and online resources via a network jack or campus wireless.
Information Technology Services will support network operation up to the wall jack. The student is responsible for the cost of any maintenance, repairs, or enhancements to his or her computer. He or she is also responsible for any changes that he or she makes on his or her computer. Accordingly, if any software or hardware changes cause a privately-owned computer to become inoperable on the network, the student may need to remove the software before the computer can successfully re-connect to the network. He or she may also need to refer to the appropriate end-user warranties and contact the manufacturer or vendor if he or she experiences hardware failures or incompatibilities with peripherals.
Student Agreement Required for Connection of Personal Computer in Residence Halls
- I acknowledge that my required notebook computer must match the minimum configuration set by ITS and conform to network standards for Ethernet 100BaseT and wireless connections before I will be issued a network login and password.
- ITS will be responsible for the network connection through and including the wall jack. I agree that I am responsible for all maintenance, repairs, or enhancements to my computer. I agree that I will be responsible for any software changes that I make that may cause my computer to become inoperable on the network.
- I agree that I am required to purchase a Software Bundle for my personal notebook computer, and that I will not copy licensed software from the network.
- I agree that I will not install server software on my personal notebook computer, and I will not allow my personal computer to be used as a server.
- I acknowledge that I will be disconnected from the network if my computer is discovered to have a virus or worms. To ensure that my computer is virus/worm free, I also acknowledge that I have an up-to-date antivirus program.
- I agree to adhere to the Landmark Computer and Network Use Policy