Frequently Asked Questions: Lockouts & Key Issues

What do I do if I lock myself out of my room?

Contact should be made with the Campus Safety Duty Officer who will come and unlock the door, after verification that the space is assigned to the individual making the request.

My key doesn't work, now what?

Contact the Campus Safety Duty Officer to confirm if a lock change had occurred and if there are new keys to be assigned. If a lock change has occurred then contact should be made to the Resident Dean, who will submit a work request to the Facilities Department for repair of the lock or replacement of the key.

Will I be charged for having someone let me into my room?

There are no charges applied for the first three times you lock yourself out of your assigned space. After three lockout requests are granted, then you will be fined according to Campus policy.

What do I do if I am feeling unsafe while trying to get back to my room?

Contact the Campus Safety Duty Officer and the duty officer will assist you in making it to your destination. There are emergency call boxes locateed around the campus. These "Blue Light" call boxes dial directly to the Duty Officer.

Emergency Contact

Duty Officer
On-Campus: ext. 6899
Off-Campus: 802-387-6899

Campus Safety Office
Davis Hall, Room 001