Core Planning & Facilities Activities
Core Planning Activities
- Develop the College's physical resources—buildings and grounds.
- Manage projects for the College through the phases of architectural design, development, construction or renovation, and commissioning.
- Ensure the College complies with local, state and federal codes and regulations for environmental and hazardous materials management.
- Develop long-term plans to improve the campus in cooperation with the Offices of the Senior Vice President and Administration and Finance.
- Support cross-divisional strategic planning efforts through the analysis, presentation and distribution of pertinent information.
- Prepare and manage the yearly and long-term capital budget. Keep constituencies informed of progress and long-term goals.
- Lead space planning and management efforts and coordinate single or multiple office relocations for faculty and staff.
- Oversee the physical plant planning and maintenance of the College. Keep current with market and industry trends for the longevity of the institution.
Core Facilities Activities
- Clean and maintain campus buildings daily.
- Maintain and operate campus mechanical and electrical systems.
Maintain and operate a fleet of vehicles which includes:
- Buses for student activities
- Pick-up trucks for maintenance and delivery services
- Grounds and road maintenance equipment.
- Operate snow removal equipment.
- Custodial Services provides daily cleaning of all common spaces, bathrooms, offices and classrooms and deep cleans all living spaces during the summer breaks.
- Trade Services manages renovation projects (painting, electrical maintenance and upgrades); provides plumbing and heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems services; carpentry (repair and custom carpentry); and electric maintenance and compliance.