Facilities Department and Office of Planning & Operations
Facilities, Planning & Operations are located on campus at 67 Charles Drake Lane in an energy-efficient building, designed and built in 2007 by the Facilities team. We strive to keep the campus healthy and functional for living, learning and working.
- We oversee major construction projects by outside contractors.
- Maintain the College campus and its buildings.
- Operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Respond to your work requests that cover 100 categories ranging from key requests to office moves.
We want your help in saving money and energy.
- Report problems like water leaks.
- Read more on Green Efforts.
- Read more about our Core Activities.
During the summer of 2012 we completed a number of major projects affecting the students experience on campus and made improvements to the physical plant.
The building received a targeted renovation including new student room carpets, lighting, heating systems and new doors, as well as painting the residential floors. We have also outfitted each student room with new furniture, thus providing more floor space in each room and improving the students' living areas.
We have changed the furniture in this building also, following the same model we instituted for the other buildings. Next year, we are planning to do the same cosmetic and systems improvements as we just completed in Middle Hall.
Colonnade and Quad
We installed a perimeter drainage system along the colonnade and replaced existing subgrade structures to accommodate for better drainage. New small drainage "pods" have been installed along the field's perimeter to drain the playing field (Quad). Furthermore, we have installed new communication and power conduits along the colonnade's perimeter to accommodate future needs and growth. The paying field was re-graded and covered by athletic grade turf. Lastly, we started a multi-year project, involving replacing the colonnade floor while keeping its historical and architectural integrity. This year, we completed the first section from the Daniel's Garden approach to past the Administration Building. While addressing cosmetic concerns, the project was critical in addressing trip hazards.
Other Completed Porjects Include:
- Conversion of a spare office in the Student Center into a small kitchenette/waiting area for staff and students
- Renovation to HR offices
- Renovations to the College's radio station with new equipment and furnishings
- Continuation of upgrades to our building controls, enabling us to monitor the systems' operation
- Installation of energy monitors (a phased project) to control our energy consumption. This particular project will be instrumental in furthering our green efforts to use less energy and be more environmentally conscious of our carbon footprint.
- With the support of Efficiency Vermont, we are continuing to upgrade lighting systems throughout campus (student room lighting upgrade in Middle Hall, Fab 409) which will also help in reducing our energy consumption.
- Installation of new street lighting on Perseverance Lane to complete the "culvert project replacement" initiated in the fall of 2011. The new roadway now provides a safe pedestrian walkway for our students, staff and visitors connecting the residence halls to the Admissions Building and to the outside.
Questions? Contact us for more information!