Facilities Department and Office of Planning & Operations
Facilities, Planning & Operations are located on campus at 6 Charles Drake Lane in an energy-efficient building, designed and built in 2007 by the Facilities team. We strive to keep the campus healthy and functional for living, learning and working.
- We oversee major construction projects by outside contractors.
- Maintain the College campus and its buildings.
- Operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Respond to your work requests that cover 100 categories ranging from key requests to office moves.
- We want your help in saving money and energy.
- Report problems like water leaks.
- Read more on Green Efforts.
- Read more about our Core Activities.
During the summer of 2014 we will tackle a number of major projects affecting the students experience on campus and make improvements to the physical plant.
Some of these projects include: 1) Colonnade work, 2) Edward Durell Stone Hall (Stone Hall) drainage project, 3) Stone Hall basement work, and more as listed here below.
- Installation of energy monitors (a phased project) to control our energy consumption. This particular project will be instrumental in furthering our green efforts to use less energy and be more environmentally conscious of our carbon footprint.
- Install split system air conditioning to the three math and computer classrooms in Admin, namely 206, 207, 209. This together with another supply of high end computers especially tailored to the Computer Gaming Program, will complete this project. These rooms will still be used after the STI building project is completed.
- Install of card access to the Library Building. This will provide enhanced asset control and further our efforts toward campus security.
- We will create an enclosed TV lounge in the basement of Frost Hall, to allow for more programming and off hours television/games related activities without interfering with the rest of the building. Also in Frost Hall we will renovate the showers on the east end of the building. The west end showers will be renovated next fiscal cycle.
- Colonnade project - we will address the ponding and drainage issues at the front of the Strauch Student Center.
- We will excavate the north side of Stone Hall to provide positive drainage away from the building, waterproof the foundation and waterproof the existing tunnel between Stone Hall and Middle Hall.
- Also in Stone Hall we will complete the renovation of the basement area, which include cosmetic upgrades, new basebaord heating, new air conditioning for the classrooms, and renovation of the office areas damaged by the flooding of last year. Overall this will improve air quality and comfort for the whole building.
- Bridge 1 will receive new paint, carpet, and we will change out all the interior doors. The same process will be applied to the other Bridges over successive fiscal cycles.
- FAB Galleries - we will do more work in the galleries to bring them up to the desired standard for public and college showings and increase the lighting flexibility within the space. The project will be completed by the fall semster of 2014 and represents the last phase of this multi-year project in this important area of the campus.
- Chumley A - We are renovating the interior of the building with carpet and paint, to provide a more welcoming environment for our students. The project will be completed by end of August.
Questions? Contact us for more information!