Welcome to the Business Office
We recognize that a college education is a major investment for students and their families. Here at Landmark College we try to limit our fee increases and be as generous as possible with our payment schedules. But we also need to ensure that we have the funds on hand to meet our promises to our students, and to provide support for our educational programs. Our goal is to make our programs as flexible as possible to meet individual student needs, and our Business Office team is here to make the process of payments and refunds as easy as possible.
Landmark's financial aid packages typically consist of a mix of state and federal grants and loans, as well as college scholarship support of up to $42,000. The Financial Aid Office is ready to assist you in funding your education at Landmark College and share a wide variety of funding sources available to you.
Students new to Landmark College receive a payment calendar and specific payment instructions with their enrollment agreement. Previously enrolled students are asked to make payments on the schedule below. The enrollment deposit must be received before a student will be allowed to register for courses that semester.
Quikpay is the College’s convenient online system for credit card, debit card and e-check payments. It can be used to pay tuition and fees, and to add value to student ID cards. Students can set up authorized payers—such as parents—who will receive billing notification via email. They will be able to make online payments, review bills and examine payment history 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Quikpay accepts American Express, MasterCard, Discover and e-check for all payments, and Visa for adding value to student ID cards. A 2.70% service fee applies to credit card payments; there is no service fee for e-checks. Students can set up their payers through their Landmark College Intranet Account and their authorized payers can pay through the College Quikpay system.
The Campus Debit Account is a convenient way for students to be able to purchase books and supplies at the beginning of the semester, as well as ensure access to spending money for snacks and supplies during the semester. Funds can be added to the account at any time (see Frequently Asked Questions).
Note on Obtaining Cash
The College does not give cash advances from the Campus Debit Account and it does not work in ATMs. If you need cash you have the following options:
- ATMs are available in the Dining Hall (Middle Hall) entryway and on the first floor of the Strauch Family Student Center. The machines accept almost any credit or debit card, transaction fee is $2.00 plus any fee your home bank may charge.
- Check cashing service is available at the College Bookstore, see policies.
- Maintain a bank account with a local bank - the following banks have branches in Putney:
- Peoples' United Bank
- River Valley Credit Union
Frequently Asked Questions about the Campus Debit Account
Where do I get a Campus Debit Card Account?
- As a student at Landmark College, your student ID card is automatically set up to be used as a Campus Debit Card if you choose to do so. All you need to do is add funds to the card through Quikpay or another method as described below.
- The Campus Debit Card is the same as your Landmark College Student ID card. This card is also your meal plan card and building access card.
- If you are a new student who is not yet on campus, you can add funds to your Campus Debit Account prior to your arrival.
How do I add funds to the card?
- A guest payer or new student without a Quikpay account can use Quikpay to make a payment using an e-check or VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER or AMEX. You will need to know the student’s ID number and birthday. There are no credit card service fees charged to use this service. Funds will be applied to the Campus Debit Account by the end of the next business day.
- An authorized Quikpay user can log in to Quikpay to make a payment using any of above methods.
- A student with a Quikpay account can log in to Quikpay to make a payment using any of above methods.
- Funds can also be added to the card by mailing a check made out to Landmark College. Please indicate the student’s name and note that it should be applied to the Campus Debit Account.
- Funds can also be added at New Student Registration via check, cash, VISA, MASTERCARD, or DISCOVER. Just stop by the Campus Debit Card table.
- Funds can be added to the card in person by presenting cash or check to a Business Office Associate in the Administration Building.
Where can money be spent?
- Money applied to the account is equivalent to "Landmark Points", which are funds that can be used at on and off campus locations (see Meal Plans)
- Money on the Campus Card can be spent in the Landmark College Bookstore as well as the Fireside Cafe. the Dining Hall, and in all beverage and snack vending machines. It can also be used off campus at many locations. The purchase of tobacco products, alcohol and gasoline is not allowed.
- Off-campus locations that accept the Campus Debit Card, aka "Landmark Points"
How do I check my balance?
- Your account balance appears on your receipt after making a purchase with your Campus Debit Card. Students also have online access to account balances through SharkNet.
What happens to unspent funds?
- If a student is planning to return to the College, the funds will remain on the card for use when the student returns. If a student is not planning to return to Landmark, all unspent funds are credited to the student’s tuition account. Any credit balances on the tuition account are refunded several weeks after the end of the semester.
Can I get a cash advance from the funds on my Campus Debit Account?
- No – the College does not give cash advances from the debit card. If a student needs cash, they should use the ATM cash machines located outside the Bookstore near the student mailboxes or in the lobby of the Dining Hall. Campus cards do not work in the ATM. Students can also cash checks in the College Bookstore.
Does the Campus Debit Card work in the laundry machines?
- No – at this time the Campus Debit Card is not compatible with the ChangePoint system used by our laundry machines. The laundry machines accept coins (change machines available in laundry rooms) or traditional bank debit cards (see Laundry Services).
What amount does the College suggest for opening an account?
- For the Fall or Spring semester we suggest that the student start with $500 to $600, which should be enough for books, some supplies and some extra spending money. For the Summer programs, $100 is a good starting amount. The Bookstore also accepts cash, check, VISA and MASTERCARD.
Questions? Contact us for more information!
PO Box 820
River Road South
Putney, VT 05346