Alumni Advisory Board
The Alumni Advisory Board (AAB) provides counsel, advice and recommendations on matters concerning Landmark College and its alumni body.
In August 2007, the Board of Trustees of Landmark College, in its efforts to reach out to the alumni of Landmark College, provided direction for the establishment of an “Alumni Advisory Board” (AAB).
Many colleges and universities recognize the importance of such advisory groups as society’s demands for higher education to address diverse and growing educational, economic, workforce, and social needs are becoming increasingly complex.
Therefore, the AAB’s overarching purpose is to provide continuing support and service to the College and its alumni by facilitating communication and relations between alumni and the College community. It is a cultivating ground that helps prepare alumni for possible service on the College Board of Trustees and cements the financial resource base of the College.
Roles and Responsibilities
Each member of the Alumni Advisory Board actively supports the work of the Institutional Advancement Office’s alumni relations efforts in the following manner:
- Meet on an annual basis with the Board of Trustees to engage in discussion and provide feedback on strategic matters.
- Meet as a group on an annual basis with periodic teleconferences following Board meetings and/or when deemed to be appropriate by the AAB or the President.
- Serve as mentors to current and former Landmark College students either through on-campus participation in meetings, formally or informally, or networking once students leave the campus and move on to other educational or vocational pursuits.
- Host or co-host events in conjunction with the College’s Alumni Office for alumni who live in nearby communities.
- Work to support the efforts of the College’s Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Put forward candidates for consideration to the President for nomination to the College Board of Trustees.
- Work to solicit funds for the Alumni Scholarship Endowment Fund.
Find out more about ways Landmark College Alumni can get involved.
For more information
Office of Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations
1 River Road South
Putney, VT 05346