Work Study & Student Job Opportunities

What is Federal Work Study?

This is a federally funded program for students who are currently enrolled at Landmark College and are eligible for the program, as determined by the U.S. Department of Education.

The program is designed to give students the ability to earn money toward educational and personal expenses and gain valuable work experience while earning their degree. 

Landmark College offers a variety of work opportunities in several departments on campus. A student is notified of eligibility, and the work study amount they can earn, in the financial aid award letter from the Office of Financial Aid. Work Study positions are limited. Not all students who are eligible for the program will be placed in positions. It is the responsibility of the student to complete the required steps to obtain a position on campus. (See How do I get a FWS Job?)

Types of jobs available on campus?

  • Library Assistants
  • Lab Monitors
  • Adventure Education Assistants
  • Rock Wall Monitor
  • Art Studio Aid
  • Student Activities
  • Game Room Managers
  • Office Assistants
  • Athletics
  • Campus Ambassador
  • Facilities/Housekeeping

Why should I participate in this program?

In this program you can earn money toward your educational expenses, or  spending cash to have on campus to use for late night snacks or trips off-campus to hang out with friends. You can also gain valuable work experience that you can share with future employers once you have earned your degree. The FWS program is a great resume builder. 

How do I get a FWS job?

At the beginning of the semester the FWS coordinator will upload job descriptions to SharkNet. Check out the job positings and learn more about the  program and positions available.

What is the next step?

Students then must follow up with their prospective supervisors listed on the job posting to “interview,” and ensure that the position is a good fit for the student. The supervisor and student work together to set up a work schedule and complete a work authorization form. New students typically begin working after the 2nd or 3rd week of classes. Students are encouraged to work only between 3 and 4 hours per week. Students will receive paychecks bi-weekly and may cash their paychecks on campus at the bookstore .  Students must complete paperwork with the Human Resources (HR) office. All students need to bring with them to HR is a driver’s license, state-issued ID or school ID and a copy of their Social Security card or birth certificate. The student and HR will complete the necessary paperwork, including an I-9 and W-4 form.

Important Information

  • Work Study positions are limited. Not all students who are eligible for the program will be placed in positions.
  • Students who are awarded work study must meet with Human Resources and complete all the necessary paperwork (I-9 & W-4 forms) before beginning to work on campus. 
  • Students who complete their paperwork and obtain a position on campus are paid bi-weekly with a paycheck based on their hours worked.
  • Work Study awards should not be deducted from any amount due to the college.