One-Credit Physical Education Courses
- PE 1420 Ski and Snowboard: Eric Evans: Wed 10:15 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. * (additional cost (One day of skiing or snowboarding, including lessons for those wishing to sharpen their skills on the slopes).
- PE 1080: Introduction to Rock Climbing: Bethe Jankleson: T/Th 4-6 p.m.
- PE 1010 Yoga : Kristin Cassidy: W/F 11:30- 1:30 a.m
- PE 1120: Volleyball: Ellen Wood: T/Th 7:00- 9:00 p.m.
- PE 1180: Fencing: Erik Schmitt: T/Th 4-6 p.m.
PE 1420 Ski and Snowboard: This one-credit course is designed exclusively for students enrolled in the January Term who are interested in improving their skiing or snowboarding/pipe skills. See advisor for costs.
PE 1080: Introduction to Rock Climbing: Rock climbing skills will be taught. These include knots, climbing techniques, safety and both outdoor and indoor skills. Two weekend outings will follow indoor instruction.
PE 1010: Yoga: This course supports students interested in exploring mind/body integration and offers an appealing option for balancing academic work with a healthy lifestyle. Conditioning, breathing techniques and self-awareness are covered. Assessment based on a willingness to explore yoga practice through regular attendance and participation.
PE 1120: Volleyball Skills: This course includes all the basic volleyball techniques including spiking, digging, volleying and serving. Especially recommended for those who participate in competitive volleyball. Beginners, however, are welcome as well.
PE 1180: Fencing: In this one-credit class, students will learn the basic theory and techniques of 17th century Italian fencing using a sword called a Rapier. While some history will be taught to provide context, the majority of the class will be dedicated towards physical hands-on work. Classes will consist of a roughly even mixture of drill/lesson and sparring and will be presented from a martial arts and educational perspective rather than as a competitive sport. As a result, this fencing class is ideal for students who are seeking a physical activity outside of a team sport. All equipment will be provided.