Landmark College will accept as many credits as appropriate (up to 80 credits in the Bachelor of Arts degree or 30 credits in the Associate of Arts or Sciences). All students are required to complete at least 24 out of their final 30 credits at Landmark College.
Determination of eligible credits depends on program requirements and individual transcripts. Transfer students entering Landmark with 40 (or more) credits may be allowed to waive certain prerequisites and/or replace core courses. Students are required to get approval from the appropriate Department Chair to enroll in higher level courses without prerequisites.
Transfer credits do not affect the student’s GPA; the course and credits are transferred, but not the grade.
The following requirements must be met to receive credit:
- Credits must be from a public or private institution accredited by an authorized regional accreditation agency, such as NEASC
- Course grades must be at 2.0 or higher (e.g. “C”) to be transferred to Landmark
- Courses graded on a pass/fail basis, offered on a non-credit basis, or that are equivalent to non-credit courses at Landmark will not be transferred
- AP courses with a grade of 3 or above may be transferred to receive credit
- IB courses with a grade of 4 or above may be transferred to receive credit
Policy updated 2/19/13
Return to Registrar Policies