Declaration of Degree Policy
(approved by the Faculty Senate on 11/13/12, revised to incorporate feedback from President Eden)
All degree seeking students will file a Declaration of Degree.
- To declare the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies, students must earn at least a “C” in three Landmark College classes, each in a different discipline. An overall GPA of 2.0 or higher is also required.
- To declare the Associate of Arts degree in General or Liberal studies, students must have a GPA of 2.0 or higher and have completed 9 Landmark college credits or 15 transfer credits.
- To declare the Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration or Business Studies, students must have achieved a math placement level of 3 or higher and have successfully completed BU1011, Introduction to Business and BU1111, Principles of Accounting I, with an average overall GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- To declare the Associate of Science degree in Computer Science/Gaming, students must have achieved a math placement level of 5 or higher and have earned 3 to 6 credits in the CS or MA disciplines, with an average overall GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- To declare the Associate of Science degree in Life Sciences, the student must have achieved a math placement level of 5 or higher and have earned 4 credits in the NS discipline, with an average overall GPA of 2.00 or higher.
- Approval of the BA coordinator is required for all declarations of degree for the Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies.
- Approval from the Office of Academic Affairs is required for all declarations of degree for Associate of Arts in General Studies and Liberal Studies.
- Approval of the appropriate Department Chair is required for all declarations of the Business, Computer Science/Gaming and Life Science degrees.
- Students overdue in declaring their degree may be placed on registrar’s hold, preventing them from participating in course registration (a student is overdue if more than one semester has passed since he or she has earned the minimum of 9 Landmark credits.)
- In cases where students have not declared a degree after earning15 Landmark College credits, the degree choice will default to AA General Studies. After 35 credits it will default to BA Liberal Studies.
- To change their degree, students will file a new Declaration of Degree form, approved by the appropriate office, and will complete the appropriate course requirements for the new degree.
The following are the standard procedures for students in using the Declaration of Degree form:
- Students will work with advisors to fill out the appropriate declaration of degree form.
- The declaration of degree form will be submitted to the Registrar’s office.
- The Registrar’s Office will record the students’ degree choice which will then appear on their transcripts, schedules, and in the Power Campus database for tracking purposes.
- Students will follow the degree requirements they have declared and use the appropriate Graduation Plan worksheet.
Questions? Contact us for more information.