The following categories represent the Landmark College policy regarding Academic Standing definitions:
- Dean’s List: Three or more full-time courses with no grade lower than “B” and no withdrawals in a given semester.
- Good Standing: Maintaining a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Academic Warning: Falling below a cumulative GPA of 2.0, or below a GPA of 1.8 if a first semester student.
- Academic Probation: Failure to remain in good standing as the result of a cumulative GPA that falls below 2.0 for two consecutive semesters.
- Suspension: If the student’s cumulative GPA remains below 2.0 at the end of the third consecutive semester, the student will be liable for (at risk of) suspension from the College for one year. Decisions to suspend or continue on probation will be made at the discretion of the President, following a recommendation by the Academic Dean, after consultation with the student’s instructors and advisor.
Questions? Contact us for more information.
Jill Hinckley, M.A.T./English
Assistant Dean of Academics
Dr. Adrienne Major
return to Academic Policies