Studying in Ireland
The Irish Experience (HU2661)
Prerequisites for HU2661: 1000-level HU, EN1011/1015, FY Studies (or permission of instructor)
+/-July 4-25, 2014
Check out the program blog
Pair this program with studying in The Netherlands.
Goal: to explore the rich history and culture of Ireland while living and traveling in Ireland
- Study the history of Ireland while living in and experiencing 21st century Irish culture.
- Spend two weeks in the lively university town of Galway & one week in the busy capital city of Dublin.
- Alternate days in the classroom with all-day field trips, including ancient forts and tombs, museums, medieval churches, castle, and a prison.
- The program involves lots of walking in all kinds of weather.
- Class is often held in the field or on the street.
- Requirements include 10 pages of edited writing by the end of the three weeks. (Academic support is available.)
- Students live in residence halls and shop for/prepare many of their own meals.
Country Handbook--coming soon
Travel Information--coming soon
Cost for the trip is $6,000** and includes:
- 3-credit class
- Group flights
- In-country transportation
- Field trips and housing
- Some group meals
- Price does not include individual spending money
- Limited financial aid is available (Contact Jennifer Desmarais, Director of Financial Aid)
* 3000-level class is pending final approval.
Peg Alden, Ed.D.
Director of International Education
Administration Building, Rm 218