The Common Core
The Common Core provides a solid foundation for any degree you pursue.
At the heart of all the Landmark College associate degree programs is a 22-credit Common Core.
6 credits of college English typically consist of:
- EN1011 - Composition and Rhetoric
- EN1021 - Research and Analysis
- 3 credits of FY1011 - Perspectives in Learning or the equivalent
- 3 credits of Humanities at the 1000 level
- 3 credits of Social Science at the 1000 level
- 3 credits of Math at the 1000 level (for business degrees, this will be MA1421 - Statistics)
- 4 credits in Natural or Physical Science at the 1000 level
These requirements can be met either through enrollment at Landmark College or though successful transfer (see the section on Transfer Credits under Academic Policies).
There are two other common requirements for all Landmark College degrees:
- A total of 61 credits (distribution varies by degree)
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher is necessary in order to graduate