Meet Bradford Allen Towle Jr.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno
Dissertation: An Auction Behavior-Based Robotic Architecture for Service Robots
- M.S. in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno
Thesis: Combining Role Playing Game Constructs Toward Real Time Strategy Games
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Montana State University
- QA Engineer II: Bally Technologies
- Game Design and Mechanics
- Web Design
Selected Publications and Conference Presentations
- Towle Jr, Bradford A., and Monica Nicolescu. "An auction behavior-based robotic architecture for service robotics." Intelligent Service Robotics (2014): 1-18.
- Incorporating a reusable human robot interface with an Auction Behavior- Based Robotic Architecture. Brad Towle, Monica Nicolescu, Incorporating a reusable human robot interface with an Auction Behavior-Based Robotic Architecture, International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS), San Diego, California pages 203-209, 2013
- Real-world implementation of an Auction Behavior-Based Robotic Architecture (ABBRA). B. Towle, and M. Nicolescu,. IEEE International Conference on Technologies for Practical Robot Applications (TePRA), Boston, Massachusetts, pages 79 – 85, 2012.
- Applying Dynamic Conditions to the Auction Behavior-Based Robotic Architecture. Brad Towle, Monica Nicolsecu. Worlcomp 2011 Advances in Computing and Artificial Intelligence (ACAI), Las Vegas, Nevada , pages 155 – 161, 2011.
- Fusing Multiple Sensors through Behaviors with Distributed Architecture. Brad Towle, Monica Nicolescu, (University of Nevada, Reno, USA), IEEE International Conference on Multi-sensor Fusion and Integration for Intelligent Systems (MFI), Salt Lake, Utah, pages 115 – 120, 2010.
- Towards Integrating Role Playing Game Constructs in Real-Time Strategy Games. Brad Towle, Monica Nicolescu, and Sergiu Dascalu, ISCA 19th International Conference on Software Engineering and Data Engineering (SEDE), San Francisco, California, pages 81-88, 2010.
Bio: Bradford A. Towle Jr. will begin his career as an Assistant Professor at Landmark College in August 2013. He received his Ph.D. in Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Nevada, Reno. During his graduate studies, he developed a novel robotic architecture based on behavior-based architecture and auction mechanisms called ABBRA: Auction Behavior Based Robotic Architecture. For his Master’s work he researched software engineering and computer game design. He also spent three years as a Teacher’s Assistant developing curricula, lecturing, and grading for undergraduate classes such as Computer Science I, Computer Science II, Introduction to Computer Engineering. He also has experience assisting embedded systems and robotics classes. Dr. Towle also has over three years of industry experience as a QA Engineer II at Bally Technologies. Here he applied software engineering skills to design and create tools that would be used by the quality assurance department. Dr. Towle is proficient in C/C++, Python, C#, PHP and Java.