Meet Sophie Lampard Dennis
- M.Ed., Antioch New England Graduate School
- B.A. Psychology & Sociology, Marlboro College
- Certified Instructor, Wilson Language Program Level 1
- Certified Instructor, Wilson Just Words Program
Roles at Landmark
Associate Professor, First Year Studies Department
- Perspectives in Learning
- Lifestyles for Learning
- Wilson Language Program
Recent Professional Presentations & Publications
- “A Way to Promote Student Motivation” Published in The Providence Journal’s This New England Blog, (March, 2013)
- “A Way to Promote Student Motivation and Autonomy; The Case for Greater Transparency in Grading Practices in the First Year”, Published in The New England Journal of Higher Education (March, 2013)
- “Assessing and Addressing Barriers; Implications for Today’s College Classroom” Presentation at the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) conference and inaugural regional meeting. University of Bridgeport, CT (2013)
- “Building Equity among Diverse Learners Using Collaboration” Presentation at the Pre-Conference Institute at the peer-reviewed College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA) conference. Houston, TX. (Fall 2012)
- “Assessing and Addressing Student Barriers to Success” Invited to present at the National College Learning Center Association conference (NCLCA). Reno, NV. (Fall 2012)
- "The Influence of Collaborative Learning on Students with Learning Disabilities," original research (Spring 2012).
- "Bringing Conversation to the Classroom; the Collaborative Learning Approach," invited speaker, 11th Annual Disabilities Symposium, University of Pennsylvania (2012).
- "Addressing the Holistic Needs of the 21st Century Student." 4th Annual SUNY Plattsburgh Conference on Teaching and Learning, Plattsburgh, NY (2012).
- "Collaborative Learning in the Classroom," graduate course designed for LCIRT, The Putney Summer Institute (2012).
- “Holistic Support that Promotes Student Learning,” Published in New England Journal of Higher Education (September 2011).
- "Holistic Support that Promotes Student Learning," invited speaker, 10th Annual Disabilities Symposium, University of Pennsylvania (2011).
- “Support in the First Year,” College Reading and Learning Association Annual Conference, San Diego, CA (2011).
- Barriers to Student Success
- Collaborative Learning in the Classroom
- Mind/Body Health
- Current Research in the Field of Dyslexia and Reading Instruction