Meet Derek Parker
- M.F.A. Sculpture and Expanded Formats, Indiana University, Bloomington
- B.F.A. Sculpture, California State University, Fullerton
- 2D/3D Design
- Digital 3D Modeling and Fabrication
- Art Fabrication and Public Art
- Contemporary Art Foundations
Roles at Landmark
- Assistant Professor of Art and Design.
Bio: Derek Parker is a mixed-media installation artist whose work is an ongoing exploration into
how we perceive and interact with the objects and places that surround us. His current work
takes into question the nature of utility and purpose, inventing alternate realities for objects
whose functions were previously thought to be fixed.
In 2009 Derek received a Master of Fine Arts Degree from Indian University Bloomington with
an emphasis in sculpture and expanded formats. Currently Derek lives in Western
Massachusetts were he maintains his studio practice. In addition to his own work, Derek has
spent the last 4 years managing the art fabrication shop for the Massachusetts Museum of
Contemporary Art. Derek’s active studio practice has lead to a diverse body of work that
incorporates sculptural objects, site-specific installations, and public Art. His work has been
shown in galleries, museums, and in public spaces across the country and abroad.
FAB Room 406-408
Wednesdays 10 a.m. - 1p.m.