Meet Jan Thompson
- M.A. English, University of Delaware
- B.A. English and German, University of Virginia
Professional Presentations & Publications
- "First-Year English: Welcoming Different Learners to the Table," The CEA Critic. 75.3 (2013).
- "Innovations in Literacy Instruction: Empowering LD Students to Succeed in Higher Education," College Learning and Reading Association (2013).
- "First-Year English: Welcoming Different Learners to the Table," College English Association (2013).
- "Literacy Skills and the LD Student: High and Low-Tech Tools for Success," Learning Assistance Association of New England (2012).
- "Preparing to Live,” Bard College Institute for Writing and Thinking (2011).
- "21st Century Literacy Tools," National Council of Teachers of English (2011).
- "Re-thinking and Re-mixing Academic Writing: Using Multi-Modality, Scaffolded Instruction, and Universal Design to Teach a Research Process to Diverse Learners," Conference on College Communication and Communication (2010).
- "What Happens when a Diverse Group of LD/ADD College Students Write Collaborative, Text-Based Analyses in the Classroom?" National Council of Teachers of English (20070.
Roles at Landmark
- Associate Professor of English
- English Department Co-Chair
- Coordinator, Academic Support Centers and Writing Center (1999-2007)
- Language-based Learning Disabilities, ADHD, and Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Composition Instruction
- Teaching Literature
- Collaborative, Multimodal, and Experiential Learning